The Transplant Committee
In our next class, you'll get to grapple with a real problem that faced real people working together in a small group. You'll be a member of a transplant committee as it attempts make a life and death decision. In order to participate, you’ll need to know the words listed at the bottom of this sheet. This assignment will help you explore them.
On a clean, properly headed sheet of paper, do the following.
- number and write out the word
- look up and read its definition in your dictionary
- choose a sense (medical if possible) to use in a sentence
- write a sentence using the word in the sense you’ve chosen
- write out the part of speech the word plays in the sentence you've written
- proofread your sentence for spelling, punctuation, capitalization, clarity, and legibility
She ate a toxic mushroom.
return to the Tough Choices page
copyright © 2000-2004 classroomtools.com. All Rights Reserved.
original web posting: Thursday, June 8, 2000
last modified: Saturday, July 31, 2004